Quick iphone review
It rocks and it sucks!
- New touch screen nav is awesome and should probably become the defacto standard for all upcoming ipod. True genius.
- Photo app very nice, good screen resolution
- Video IPOD nice screen, widescreen, the right way to have a video ipod.
- Good battery life. (I watch 1.5 hrs video and listen to 1hr audio, a few phone calls and the battery was about 60% full).
- Music app nice. Nice touch to navigate albums with covers when you flip the iphone on it’s side
- Nice cool navigation and eye candy
- Maps apps nice (no GPS)
- Nice weather and stocks widgets
- Safari browser very nice (full internet, anything pc can render you can see). Nice nav to make it work on a smaller screen
- Camera, nice 2mp. Quality is nice better than curve. No flash
- Nice size and feel
- Mail App and navigation is very nice. Setup for Yahoo! mail was very easy.
- Mail reader is nice, full html
- Wi-fi integration nice, makes surfing web fast. Edge works ok, not great but acceptable.
- recessed head phone jack, shure headphones wont fit (had to cut the sleeve yikes) (see photo, note be careful as you can cut your fingers doing this)
- My monster icarplay that works with video ipod wont work with iphone (how can you break this stuff)
- Typing is hard, 1 finger good, 2 thumbs bad
- Can’t navigate in text to fix things
- No CUT and PASTE (how can they do this)
- You can’t use MP3 are ringtones (it’s a friggin ipod, but you can’t play music as ringtones, go figure). Only can use built in ringtones for now. I hear they will charge you extra to convert a itunes bought track to a ringtone
- Phone so-so. To dial a contact you have to scroll thru your contacts, can’t just type in the first few letters
- No MMS
Very mixed. If you love your ipod and carry it around everywhere, and you use a standard phone. Then the iphone is for you. If you are glued to your crackberry or treo then the iphone is not for you (yet)